Open Combat Sword Masters is the first supplement for Open Combat, Introducing a new selection of skills, abilities, weapons/equipment, terrain rules and scenarios to expand your games of Open Combat.
Inside you’ll find rules for:
- New skills and abilities specifically for sword fighter models to capture the sense of drama and/or flamboyance often associated with them
- Extra skills for general use
- New items of equipment
- New terrain rules including: swinging from chandeliers/rigging, low obstacles (trip hazards), improvised projectiles (such as kicking/throwing things from tables) and more
- New scenarios to play including the Duel, For Honour and Brawl
- Plus sample profiles, two new actions, guidance for setting up terrain using the new rules for maximum mayhem and guidance for linking games together into a micro campaign.
So whether you want your knights clashing in the sword section of a tourney (if you’ve not seen the A Knight’s Tale movie it’s well worth a look), samurai duelling (these guys ooze Intimidation in most movies), barbarians battling (I can hear the dramatic drum beat of a theme tune already) or swashbucklers … swashing (“You seem a decent fellow. I’d hate to kill you…”), you will be able to add the extra detail to your games of Open Combat to make it so.
Open Combat Sword Masters releases on the
22nd April 2017 CORRECTION DUE TO PRINT DELAY 26th April and you can pre-order it now on the web store. If you want to pick it up at Salute 2017 in London choose store pickup as your delivery option. The PDF edition will be released on the website on 22nd April CORRECTION 26th April 2017.
If you’ve not already got Open Combat but have been considering it take a look at the Open Combat Handbook which includes all the rules to play the game. The main difference (aside from the physical production methods used) between the 60 page Handbook and the 100 page hardback is that the hardback includes the campaign rules.