Frostgrave

Board games, card games, rules systems for miniature games - talk about them here.
fransotto

Frostgrave

Post by fransotto » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:03 am

Frostgrave been just released, what do you think about it? I like what I have seen and read so far.

https://ospreypublishing.com/store/ospr ... frostgrave

http://www.northstarfigures.com/list.php?man=195&page=1
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Yuma; probably not if you follow rules as written.

but i say, do it anyway ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuma

Re: Frostgrave

Post by Yuma » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:04 am

maybe i should read a bit more about its rules then.
i saw it a while ago, and interesst was maily fuelled by those plastik multipart warriors. the first impression was that it goes the mordheimroad, which is a good thing.
do you know more about the mechanics and the feel when played?

HandofOdin37

Post by HandofOdin37 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:51 am

I like the look of this, which is bad for my bank balance! :mrgreen:
I'm a Fighter, Not a Lover!

Yuma

Post by Yuma » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:56 pm

santa came early this year..

i read the rules and pondered about the spells, not yet done with the details (items, treasure-tables ect).
the first thing that sprang to me and i realy like about it is... the unusual size of the book.
being a bit smaller than regular din A4, paired with that its is just around 1,5cm thick, it lies very nice in the hand.

as i like games that are centered around a narative way to fight, i'm eager to try it out asap. what i find very nice, are the "neutral" beasties you can have on the table.
i dont want to decide if i like the mechanics until i played it, they look somehow new and interesting so far. just one point that isnt to my liking sofar.. spell-slinging is quite limited quantity-wise per turn.
but maybe there are some nasty combos that circumvent this. off to read the goodies now.