(Scenario) Collection of "Narrative" scenarios -with table

Put your suggestions for Open Combat here. Please include (SCENARIO) (SKILLS/ABILITIES), (WEAPONS) as appropriate in the title of your posts. Feel free to include (PROFILES) too if you have a suggested set of profiles for particular kinds of fighter - I know there are players that would find this useful.

Moderator: roybatty

roybatty

Re: (Scenario) Collection of "Narrative" scenarios -with tab

Post by roybatty » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:35 pm

Thanks for all your work on this, some really inspiring stuff here. Can't wait to give them a try!
All these moments will be lost in time... Like tears in rain... Time to die.

fransotto

Post by fransotto » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:32 pm

Total of 65 Scenarios (so another 40 8-) ) are now structured in such way I can rather easy remove "GW specific words/names" and alter the text so (almost) all the Scenarios can be used in any kind of setting. That is the goal anyway.

My focus right now is how to present all this huge wall of text. Using a thread as I have done so far will not work. I am looking into create a very simple webpage so the players can quick and easy find a suggested scenario based on models, desired settings and available scenery.

Anyway this is (one) resource;
https://web.archive.org/web/20080405202 ... rskirmish/
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Yuma; probably not if you follow rules as written.

but i say, do it anyway ;)

8elias8

Post by 8elias8 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:33 pm

Hey fransotto have you tried any of these yet? I'm putting together some nice large format cards to represent each of the Scenarios in the book for easy reference and I'd like to add some of these so we have a lot to choose from when we play.

Can you recommend any in particular that played well? I'll post the designs here once I'm done.

Thanks!

fransotto

Post by fransotto » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:49 pm

8elias8 wrote:Hey fransotto have you tried any of these yet? I'm putting together some nice large format cards to represent each of the Scenarios in the book for easy reference and I'd like to add some of these so we have a lot to choose from when we play.

Can you recommend any in particular that played well? I'll post the designs here once I'm done.

Thanks!
Yo 8elias8!
No, I have not been able to try any of the "narrative" scenario yet, been too much play testing of other stuff :) Also I am waiting a little bit on ST_Carl and the updated book in order to modify or/and update the scenarios so for the moment I am not touching them.

If you want to try anything other than the 3 normal scenarios I recommend my "competitive" scenario collection further down the forum. They are all very well plated in a system very similar to OC and some of them I been able to play in OC as well.

My plan is to put all scenarios and some others as well on a website for easy navigation of course if you want to contribute in any way just post, thats what the forum is all about :)

Happy playing!
Quote Yuma; probably not if you follow rules as written.

but i say, do it anyway ;)

Borodino1812

Re: (Scenario) Collection of "Narrative" scenarios -with table

Post by Borodino1812 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 pm

Wow-we were looking for scenarios and what a treasure trove!! Thanks Fransotto
As a more large scale historical gamer-something like this was needed to kick start the imagination and to try out Open Combat in a variety of ways.
Martin