[SCENARIO] The Hunt (Solo Scenario)

Put your suggestions for Open Combat here. Please include (SCENARIO) (SKILLS/ABILITIES), (WEAPONS) as appropriate in the title of your posts. Feel free to include (PROFILES) too if you have a suggested set of profiles for particular kinds of fighter - I know there are players that would find this useful.

Moderator: roybatty

xavier_wise

[SCENARIO] The Hunt (Solo Scenario)

Post by xavier_wise » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:12 pm

The Hunt

I've had a go at writing my own solo scenario and thought I would post it up here. Click the link above to see the document.

The idea was inspired by stories like Beowulf and Grendal, Perseus and Medusa, as well as many other stories where a few brave warriors have to seek out a monster and slay it. I have play tested the scenario with a small warband of 3 figures and a renown of 60. In both my games, the monster won! I made a few tweaks as I wrote the scenario up after I'd play tested. I have a load of ideas on how to vary the scenario too, but haven't added them in yet. I'll post again below if I make any changes or add new ideas to the scenario.

Take a look, have a go and tell me what you think. I'd love to hear if anyone tries it and how it works out for them. If you do, I recommend a small warband, no more than double the renown of the monster itself. I'll post pictures up of my next game if I have the chance.

fransotto

Re: [SCENARIO] The Hunt (Solo Scenario)

Post by fransotto » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 pm

This is cool!

Will see if I can try to test it one day,

Some small comments;
I think random SPD with the average of "4" could be nice to use or you have to pick randomly a monster from a list.

Will revert once played! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Yuma; probably not if you follow rules as written.

but i say, do it anyway ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rugnar

Post by Rugnar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 am

Morning
This sounds cool
Play most of my games solo so this comes as a welcome surprise
Will give it a go and post up my thoughts this weekend...er rugby permitting
Rugnar out :D

xavier_wise

Post by xavier_wise » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:31 pm

I'd love to get feedback on the scenario and any tweaks! I might take a look at changing the creature, or perhaps putting in a set of creatures to tackle instead of a single monster.

I have an idea for another solo scenario too which I am want to work on. Its inspired by the recent Ambush articles in Wargames Illustrated. If I get it sorted, I'll post up too.