Potential Open Combat markers, counters and trackers

The latest news, announcements and general chat relating to Second Thunder. If you have any general questions about Second Thunder put the here. If you have questions about a specific game put them in the relevant forum.
whitehorn

Re: Potential Open Combat markers, counters and trackers

Post by whitehorn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:22 pm

That all makes sense. I would rather back a kickstarter for a product I want and a product that I should actually get, rather than a whole list of ideas that have been thrown at a page without too much thought and either doesn't deliver or gets held up for so long that I have lost interest in it by the time that it does. Although extras are always a nice thing.

Tomorrow's date was floating about for a while as the starting point for your kickstarter, is that still looking likely?

ST_Carl
Site Admin

Post by ST_Carl » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm hoping to put the KS page into the stream for approval later this evening.

Just need to add an intro vid to it and then it's ready to start - I'm not sure how long the KS people take to approve a project.

Hopefully it'll start on or around the 28th.

whitehorn

Post by whitehorn » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:38 pm

That sounds really good. Keep us posted, esp on twitter etc, as I know I want to jump straight on it as soon as I know. If there is going to be any early bird or anything I want to get in on that. I've really enjoyed the few games I have played and a proper printed book always makes a game feel more like a proper game, if that makes sense?

ST_Carl
Site Admin

Post by ST_Carl » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:01 pm

That makes perfect sense. I feel the same - I love printed rulebooks. I use digital rulebooks too but I prefer physical books.

I'll post about it on twitter first once I know it's 'live'.

whitehorn

Post by whitehorn » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 am

Backed!
I also noticed that my blog is being used on your kickstarter. I had better get proper game in quick to show what your rules can do. Show your game off to the best of my abilities.

ST_Carl
Site Admin

Post by ST_Carl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:19 am

Thank you Whitehorn!

Yes, apologies for not dropping you a line about mentioning your blog (I'm juggling so many things at the moment I missed that one).

Hopefully you'll get plenty of traffic and increase your readership.

It's such an inspiring blog I wanted to share it with other gamers as I'm sure there are many more like you and me. :)

whitehorn

Post by whitehorn » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:28 am

You're all good. Was just a bit of a surprise. And thank you for the compliment, it's always nice to hear good things about something you do, as you must know from doing this whole project.

I'm trying to increase your on-line visibility as well, so if it helps you, it has got to help me as well.

Manchu8990

Post by Manchu8990 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

My suggestion on the miniature creation by KS is to see if the guys at Monolith board games would share their secrets. With the amount they are going to be putting out, with Conan, they must have the inside track... I can appreciate the K.I.S.S. approach with your first KS run. I currently had my PDF printed out and bound at Kinkos but will jump on your KS for a hard bound book.

Gav Thorpe

Post by Gav Thorpe » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:08 am

Manchu8990 wrote:With the amount they are going to be putting out, with Conan, they must have the inside track...
I'm sure they have a plan and will be fine, but if miniatures KS have anything in common its a tendency to over-promise and under-deliver. When the soldiers are in people's hands and look good, that's when you know they can deliver...

Gav

AntiochusIV

Post by AntiochusIV » Sun May 03, 2015 2:40 am

Breakpoint tracker dial counter made from laser cut MDF with 10s and Units, 2 dials???