"Just one more game!....please!!"

Post your AARs and Battle Reports here or link to any that you've seen around the web so we can all have a look!

Moderator: roybatty

8elias8

"Just one more game!....please!!"

Post by 8elias8 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:06 pm

I recently ran a bunch of games with the "boardgame-ified" set I created. It was with a 15 year old who has no previous experience with wargaming. He absolutely loved it and it was a blast to play. We played till 5am! I can't reiterate enough how great this rule set is. I especially notice how when playing, you spend a majority of your time actually making hard decisions instead of just resolving things. The gameplay is just so fast and smooth and intuitive! Congrats again Carl for making such a magnificent set of rules. It really inspires the game designer within to start creating custom scenarios and rules that fit into the main framework. It also promotes deep strategic thinking to a level I've never seen before in wargaming.

A few notes on introducing the game to younger/non-wargamers.
I let the other person choose from my vast collection of minis so they felt more excited about who they played with. I then prebuilt stats for those figures.
I gave everyone a Mind of 1 and didn't use any abilities for the first bunch of games so that way we could just focus on the basics.
Also no difficult terrain.

Here are some shots of our games on my current set of snowy terrain. Maybe you can find the unpainted bones figures hidden in all that white :)

ST_Carl
Site Admin

Re: "Just one more game!....please!!"

Post by ST_Carl » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks for posting this 8elias8!

A fantastic looking set-up. I particularly like the use of counters for tracking FOR and MND - I've been considering a similar approach for demoing games at shows myself.

Really pleased to hear you're enjoying it!

:)

Yuma

Post by Yuma » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 pm

totaly love the camp terrainpiece!

AntiochusIV

Post by AntiochusIV » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:52 am

I work in a school and hope to get some kids playing open combat, so this is nice to see. Hope that I don't hang around at school until 5am though.